Thursday, September 22, 2005

yo yo yo whats up- I dont know how to get the question mark to work on this key board or else I would have put one there, but lets pretend. So I have finally escaped fromt he evil clutches of Susanne and have left the farm for the week. I am in Cartago, which is near San Jose. It is weird to be in the city because I am used to the viva´muy tranquillo on the farm. There is alot of garbage and exhast all over the place. I am staying with my friend Dianna and Roberto who worked on the farm for a while. I went to college with them yesterday as show and tell. There are interesting things happening around here. Last night we traveled into San Jose to see the contemporary art museum and to take in a bit of the night life. We ended up at the main gay bar in town where there were more boys packed onto one dance floor than should be allowed and non of them were looking at me, I had even brushed my hair! We danced until the wee hours and there was a drag show where a guy dressed as Ursela from the little mermaid came on stage with the movie playing in the back ground and sang, it was wonderful, I had never seen anything like it. We jumped into a cab to take us home and I apparently tried to sell my shoe to the cab driver in order to pay for the cab... but I think that must be a made up story. Today we went to these botanical gardens where there are over 1000 kinds of orchids and cool forrests to walk through. The plants here make me crazy, they grow like wild. There was a forrest of just bambu which was like 40 ft. high. I looked for ninjas in it but they must have been very well camoflaged and stelthy because I did not see any. Sus, I hope you read this and know I will be home soon..... love to all
Erin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home